Friday, August 14, 2009

Friends

A topic so popular it became a hit TV show for several years - FRIENDS.

This morning on my drive into work I got to thinking pretty in depth about my friends. I have many friends and they span as far back as elementary school. My friends are as various and unique as can be and I wonder if they were all put into one room together what they might think of each other.

I have male friends and female friends, old friends and new friends, family friends, unrelated friends, religious friends and secular friends, tall ones, short ones, skinny ones and chubby ones and (at the risk of sounding too much like Dr. Seuss) they're all very special to me.

So this particular blog is a THANK YOU to all of my friends! Each of you has touched me in one way or another over the years. You've been through marriages, divorce, heartache, heartbreak (literally), pain, love, anxiety, stress, joy, growth, loss, gain and the rest of it.

Some years ago I created a family 'yearbook' for Christmas and gave a copy to everyone in my family and my favorite part of that book was that I sent out questionnaires to everyone and asked them all to say something nice about each member of the family. The purpose of this was to let everyone know the things that people might not regularly say to each other but really did mean. It was a very enlightening experience and I hope that it was meaningful to everyone who received it.

While I am not going to write something to each of my individual friends in this blog (because that would be more like writing a book than a blog) I do intend to let all of my friends know why they are special to me and if I fail at that, shame on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment